Saturday 27 October 2012

Eloise Renouf

I'm very excited to showcase Eloise Renouf. I came across Eloise Renoufs' work in Uppercase magazine and instantly fell in love with her work. What the lady can do with marks is almost criminal! She is most certainly on my list of designers who inspire and give me the permission to go free and create.....



Eloise is a textile designer and stationary designer living in Nottingham, England. She has designed prints for both London and New York studios.


All my work begins life as hand-drawn, painted or printed elements which then develop into collages, paintings or digitally manipulated pieces. My favourite materials are dip pen and ink, gouache and acrylic paint, and paper and I never tire of the endless possibilities these afford. Initially I tend to work intuitively with shape and form, building areas of pattern or creating decorative shapes which can then be combined and arranged to create a full image.


My subject matter tends to be drawn from the natural world; so stylised flowers, trees, leaves and clouds are recurring themes in my pieces. These tend to be simplified, modernised and reduced to the most basic elements, which are then re-enhanced with colour, pattern and texture. I also like to work with abstract shapes and forms, but again these are often organic in nature.
(courtesy of Eloise Renouf - http://www.littlepaperplanes.com/artist/584-eloise-renouf- )










If you love Eloise's design's as much as I do you can buy her prints at her Etsy shop : http://www.etsy.com/shop/EloiseRenouf?page=1

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blog Karen! I'll definitely be coming back for inspiration =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, lovely blog Karen!! Just wanted to ask are you still keen to take part in the EFUTO drive run by Gill Eccleston (with the print & pattern girls from our course?) I have you to send my design to (not that i have designed it yet!), if you are still keen you can send me your address to hello@jookiku.com
    i am finding it a little hard to keep up with everything! Julianne

    ReplyDelete